Our baby is one month old.
I continue to fall more in love with my boy---whom I call my "Mr. Man", Sophie calls her "Baby Boo" and Doug calls his "Buddy". I cannot believe how fast this month has gone. He is the most calm, easy baby who continues to eat and sleep like a champ. This week, he has become much more alert, strong, and big! We have heard cute, little squawks out of his mouth, and we're starting to see some non-gas-related smiles. Love that dimple!
Sophie continues to smother (literally) her brother with love. She kisses and pinches his cheeks, rubs his head, shoves in his pacifier, squishes his mouth to form a "fish face", covers him with blankets, hugs him "so nicely" and sneaks into his room when he is sleeping to sing him "I've Been Working on the Railroad..." I always laugh, because, without fail, Ries turns his head to the side and gives me a look. His eyes get wide, and he looks at me pleading with part desperation, part fear, and part intrigue. Jokes aside, he is very lucky to have such a doting big sister. She loves him so much, and I couldn't be more proud of the ways that she cares for her brother.
We enjoyed a busy week with lots of summer adventures and playdates--visits to the Ballard Locks, to the Madison Park beach and playground, to the Strawberry Festival. We even celebrated the start of summer with a "Summer Solstice Picnic Dinner Walk in the Stroller in our Jammies" (catchy title, I know). Here are just a couple extra cellphone photos from this packed week:
![]() |
| This photo says it all...the ups and downs of a toddler! |
Happy Summer!











2 comments:
His dimple is to die for. He is so cute and it doesn't surprise me one bit how wonderful Sophie is with him. Such a good sis.
Hey,
It's so beautifull God Bless
review engine roi - Pin Your Income Bonus
Post a Comment