Ries's birth on May 18th, 2012 had extra significance to D and E. 10 years to the day--May 18th, 2002-- we started dating. It was the night after my graduation from Whitman. D and I both knew on that night that there was something very special about our relationship. We were really excited that our son was born on such a sentimental day for us.
June 2nd was my birthday, and it felt even more special to be a family of 4! Doug and my two children made me feel loved and celebrated. Sophie, Doug, and I went to the Seattle Children's theatre to see the most amazing puppet production of three of Eric Carle's children's books. We opened presents all snuggled together in bed. We ate ice cream cake for dinner (perfect for losing baby weight!).
For as long as I can remember, my birthday has symbolized the beginning of summer for me. In honor of this transition, Sophie and I made a list of everything we want to do this summer. Normal and expected items showed up on the list like have a picnic dinner, swim at Grandma and Papa's pool, and go fishing. But, there were some unexpected items that Sophie added to our summer list. Highlights include: go on a helicopter, build a tractor, pet Ries or pet grass, touch ambulances, touch houses or dirty cars, and ride a bike to nowhere.
I will attempt to document our progress on this list. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for the "odd" items on her list....!!
For as long as I can remember, my birthday has symbolized the beginning of summer for me. In honor of this transition, Sophie and I made a list of everything we want to do this summer. Normal and expected items showed up on the list like have a picnic dinner, swim at Grandma and Papa's pool, and go fishing. But, there were some unexpected items that Sophie added to our summer list. Highlights include: go on a helicopter, build a tractor, pet Ries or pet grass, touch ambulances, touch houses or dirty cars, and ride a bike to nowhere.
I will attempt to document our progress on this list. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for the "odd" items on her list....!!


1 comment:
She is such a funny girl. :) Looking forward to pictures of your helicopter ride!
Post a Comment