Saturday, June 9, 2012

Need a laugh?


I must share the all-time GREATEST quote of the week...of the month...perhaps of the year..



The Setting:  a newborn clinic specializing in circumcisions
The Cast: Ries, Doug, Elizabeth, two nurses, one doctor
The Plot: At an early morning circumcision appointment for Ries, Elizabeth stays in the waiting room while Doug accompanies Ries into the procedure room.
The Background:  Elizabeth was meant to attend this appointment alone, but Doug postponed his flight out of town to attend.  Elizabeth was concerned about seeing her son in pain, so Doug agreed that he would comfort Ries.  Remember, Doug has been an amazing and active supporter during two labors/deliveries.

Nail-biting suspense...

Without further delay, THE QUOTE:

Nurse: "Elizabeth, Ries did great, but his Daddy did not.  Daddy passed out."

As I looked up at the nurse carrying my son, I saw Doug slowly following her.  He was pale and sweaty.  His eyes were dilated, and he looked terrible.  Apparently, the staff had to quickly lay him down on a couch in the room, and the doctor had to bring him water and some food while my newborn lay strapped to the table.  Classic Doug...flat out on the couch.

Then, two hours later (after many belly laughs about his hysterical reaction), we were changing Ries's diaper together.  And sure enough, Doug started to sweat uncontrollably.  He had to leave the room again.  How many babies live in this house?!

Apparently, it was easier for Doug to witness pain happening to a member of the opposite sex (me during labor) than to witness pain happening to a member that he also has...

(Doug did give me permission to publicize his squeamish episode.  We hadn't even made it out to our car before I had sent out mass texts to friends and family.  And, of course, I've been counting the minutes until I had time to blog about this. Hysterical.)


Love my 3 babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Poor Doug. :)