Friday, June 29, 2012

Boy Wonder

I love having a daughter. She is observant, sassy, intelligent, hysterical, and sensitive.  She is fiercely opinionated and independent, but she is also shy and compassionate.  I am obsessed with my little girl even when she drives me crazy!

Oh, those beautiful eyes can be be so expressive...
But, there is something so special, unique, and wonderful about having a son.  I did not anticipate how immediate and remarkable my bond would be with this little boy.

If he embodies all that is angelic in this photo, what does the above photo of his sister embody?! haha...
For nearly 4 weeks, we thought B2 was a girl.  Although we were initially disappointed not to be having a boy, we quickly realized how amazing it would be to have two girls.... I got so excited as I visualized Doug in a house of females!  Then, in January, when we discovered that B2 was actually a boy, I felt a range of emotions---some rational but most irrational!  In an odd way, I found myself missing the daughter that I thought we were going to have.  I was overjoyed that we would have two healthy children, one of each gender, but I worried about having a boy. I felt nervous for reasons that I cannot really explain.  Those reasons and my fears seem stupid now!





As my mom has always told me, there is something so special about a mother-son relationship.  I already feel overwhelmed with those feelings.




Sophie's behavior as a newborn has stayed true to her personality as a little person.  (She slept and ate and cried ON HER TERMS. She was and she still is THE BOSS.)  If newborn behaviors are indicative of future personality traits, then Ries will be flexible and adaptable.  He will be calm, strong, mellow, and alert.  He will be patient, sweet, and loving.  When something really matters, he will let you know, but otherwise, he will be fairly relaxed and low maintenance.

  
I love my dynamic and smart girl, and I am so thankful that B2 is a BOY.  He completes this family.

No comments: