Friday, February 17, 2012

Straight Talker

E: What are you drawing?
S: I'm drawing a picture of you, mommy.
E: Oooh, how do I look?
S: (shaking her head with a concerned look in her eyes) Not good, mommy.  Not good at all.  Bad.
D: LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY.... (almost too hysterically...)

*********

(at the bookstore)
S: (yelling, with her pointer finger extended toward me) I have a great idea!!!! Let's buy me something!!!

*********

S:  I NEED to play outside.  I need to get some fresh air.

*********

S: I like your earrings.
E:  How old do you think you should be before you get earrings?
S: 31
E: How old do you think you should be before you wear makeup?
S: In 2 days.  And then I say 'Oh, I look like a pretty queen. Oooh, so cute, Queen.' (said in a really high pitched voice)

*********

S: (pointing to one of the Valentine decorations)  That's a bottom heart.  That heart looks like a bottom.

*********

S joined me on a quick errand to Pottery Barn Kids to purchase a crib sheet for B2.  I convinced her that this errand would be fun because I needed her help and her approval.  As we were greeted by the PB employee, S declared, "Um, I, um, need to check on _____'s  sheets.  They must be cute." (She calls B2 by his name; although we have told our family and close friends, we're not posting it on the blog/on Facebook!) Once we found the sheets, S told me, "Mommy, _____'s sheets are ok, but not cute for me."

*********

I've slowly been gathering items for the nursery and they're stacked in corners of the house.  When the rocker arrived, Sophie got very upset that it wasn't for her, declaring, "I don't want baby brother to have this chair.  This is my chair.  This is not _______'s chair.  He can't have it. I don't want to share."  And so it begins...




No comments: