Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Comings and Goings of The Whitfield Three




This winter has proved to be busy for us. I'm sorry for the lapses in frequent blog updates. Even when the three of us are all at home, there isn't much down time with a little girl calling the shots. We've also got a few home improvement projects occurring (photos to come later). Once Sophie goes to bed in the evening, Doug and I usually collapse!

OO-phie (as she calls herself) continues to learn new words, but the greatest development is her made up language. She "speaks" in continuous sentences of made up jargon. She opens books and "reads" them to herself. She will grab a piece of paper, scan it, and then make eye contact with me while "talking". Doug says it sounds like Farsi...

During my mid-winter break, Sophie and I headed to snowy Spokane for some major playtime with Grandma and Papa. I was too busy relaxing (!) to take a lot of photos, but here are some snowy highlights.

Catching snowflakes on her tongue as the snow started to fall...



Seriously contemplating the amount of snow that fell so quickly...


All bundled up with Grandma...


And, as stated in our last blog post, Sophie doesn't like to get dressed after bathtime. Last night, she found the flashlight which provided just the after-bath-entertainment that she craved...




No comments: