It's Doug and Elizabeth! At Home Depot! Early on a weekend morning! With their Starbucks drinks!!
Long before our sweet little girl arrived, we spent weekend after weekend doing home projects. We had the same routine: swing by Starbucks to get our favorite drinks (and often a pastry) and then wander the aisles of Home Depot to stock up for the day's projects. After a day of hard work, we would head to The Pumphouse for beers and ham dip sandwiches. Well, D and E and our HGTV-ish makeovers are back!
In the 16 months of Sophie's life, I have only spent 1 night away from her and that was to celebrate my 30th birthday. In order to complete some major home improvement projects, Sophie is spending this week with her Grandma and PaPa in Spokane. Doug and I are both still working during the days, but the weekend and weeknights are devoted to projects.
We miss our baby girl like crazy (I may have shed some tears....) but it's so fun to just spend this time as a couple and watch our house transform.
Plus, we know Sophie is in amazing hands in Spokane. I mean, look how I turned out?!!!
1 comment:
soooo fun! i know you miss sophie so much but how fun to be home alone w/ doug for a whole week (minus the working part)?! andy and i always say we would love a weekend at HOME without kids... enjoy it! so fun!! oh and post pics of your remodels... i'd love to see!
Post a Comment