With the recent relief from rain, Sophie and I have been able to enjoy fresh air. Our house is located in an amazing neighborhood. A 5 minute walk leads us to the lake to throw sticks and rocks. There are playgrounds and parks all around us too, so we can "go go go" on the "wee" (slide or swing) and climb and run and jump. Sophie labels EVERYTHING she knows and is becoming quite the chatterbox. She shows curiosity, a sense of humor, and independence. Despite her level of activity and engagement, she still loves to cuddle and to sit "pie" (up high) in her chair to read books.
We are lucky to have a running farm 5 minutes from our house, too. Kelsey Creek Farm has all of Sophie's favorite animals. I took her there today and she announced every animal's name and their sound. She said "hi" to them, tried to feed them rocks, and imitated their movements. I've been taking her here for almost a year, but today was the best visit of them all because of her interactions and conversations with the animals. She definitely threw a tantrum when it was time to get back in the car (after 1.5 hours running around!). I've been lazy in bringing my camera on our adventures, so here are some cell phone shots of my smart, sassy Sophie.

(She was playing "boo" (peek-a-boo) with the "chin" (chickens) who say "cc-doo-doo" (cock-a-doodle-doo!)Yesterday, we were finally able to bring the sidewalk chalk outside, as opposed to using it on the easel. We wrote messages to Daddy. When he drove home and saw the scribbles, he decided not to park his car on top of them :) Very sweet.
xoxo, E





2 comments:
Love my little niece! So glad you are enjoying the Spring. I am still waiting for our.
Post a Comment