Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 39

This is how I really feel about being this huge!

Striking a pose....soooo hot.



These photos are from the golf course; today I drove along in the golf cart with Doug as he played 18 holes. It was a beautiful, fall day, and we both benefitted from being out in the fresh air! This has been quite the week. On Tuesday, my doctor confirmed what I had been feeling: the baby has dropped LOW and everything is ready to go! Without going into unnecessary details, there is quite a bit of pain "down there" now that she is resting so low. On Wednesday, I began having moderate cramping and a dramatic increase in Braxton Hicks contractions. Doug and I were both convinced that she was quickly on her way! I even stayed home from school on Thursday, but we're still waiting...and waiting...and waiting. I'm not too comfortable at any point. I grunt, I swear, I moan, I complain. Now, you understand why I came up with the idea to go play golf. Doug needed some well deserved relaxation after a week of anticipation, impatience, and me....

(This last photo can have two captions. You decide which one is correct)
Caption 1: This is Doug finding his lost ball in the creek. He had to duck because somebody was hitting over his head.

Caption 2: This is Doug exhausted, beat down, and overwhelmed because he has heard me complaining with impatience all week long because I WANT THIS BABY OUT!!!

:)

Love you all!

The Big Momma To Be.

1 comment:

the o's said...

i had wes not long after i posted my 39 week photo on my blog... so i think you won't be posting a 40-week. FINGERS ARE CROSSED that she comes soon! can't wait!