Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 38



We wake up every morning and wonder if today is the day that our baby girl will enter the world! Doug and I have been really enjoying our final days as a two-person and 1 cat household. This weekend has been perfect: cozy and late mornings, Doug's homemade meals, football, rain, a matinee ("Where the Wild Things Are" at the IMAX theatre!), lots of laughs...D and I hope that our next blog entry includes an introduction to our baby girl. The first 8 months flew by, but these final weeks have been progressing at a snail's pace. We stare at the swing, the bouncer, the crib, her cute clothes; all of these pieces are ready and seem so empty and lonely without her!

(Speaking of "Where the Wild Things Are"....here is a true belly shot):





2 comments:

the o's said...

i can't believe it... she's almost here! enjoy the naps and matinee movies, get a pedicure, sleep in!! i cannot believe i still haven't sent your present... ugh so sorry! i will do it soon. will you send me your address via email? thinking of you guys and praying for a safe and smooth delivery!!!

Melinda Marie said...

Well that didn't work how I'd planned. Here's the post again :)

E (soon I will call you mommy E)...I can't believe you're so close to having a little baby girl! Keep pressing on good luck with these last few weeks. I hope to meet the new little Lady on Nov 1st, so I'm crossing my fingers she comes soon for you! There are still 2 hours 52 minutes left in the day and Doug will win the baby birth bet!!