Monday, October 12, 2009

Baby Update

We had an ultrasound today to check the baby girl's size. My uterus had been measuring small for several weeks in a row, so our doctor wanted to get a more accurate look at her size. Remember, I haven't been measuring small; I continue to swell, so we were not sure why my uterus hadn't been growing....

Well, not only is baby healthy, but she is also big!! They estimate her current size to be 7 pounds, 3 ounces! And I still have technically 3 weeks to go/grow! No wonder I'm uncomfortable!

Kidding aside, Doug and I are very thankful that she is healthy and strong. She appears to have a full head of hair, too. We hadn't "seen" her since our 20 week ultrasound, so we really enjoyed today's opportunity to watch our apparently hefty and hairy baby girl! Haha....

Knowing that she is already so big reaffirms my desire to get her out!

1 comment:

Erin and Andy said...

On the bright side, I think big babies are better sleepers.