Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 19




My dad's back home! Doug and I had the special honor of being the first family members to meet Dad at Sea-Tac on Sunday night as he returned from Bagram, Afghanistan. It was emotional and exhilarating! We are so proud of my dad and thankful for his service to our country. Dad and Slash "met" for the first time. I think they already love one another :)

I celebrated my 29th birthday this past week. Next year, as many of you reminded me, I'll celebrate my birthday with my sweet baby in my arms.

Speaking of this baby: Monday, June 15th, 2009 at 3:15 pm, Doug and I learn Slash's gender. Stay tuned...

My body changes every day and this child of mine continues to grow. Quite honestly, I do not know how my body will find room for him/her over the next 19 weeks! Despite some swollen ankles and fingers during Seattle's heat wave last week, I've been feeling great. I've made a chalkboard on the door to the nursery (currently, my library). On the chalkboard, I've written a GIANT list of everything Doug and I need to do before November 1st. Items range from major expenditures to pediatrician searches to Goodwill drop-offs to goodbyes to my personal library! I love lists and every time I walk by this door, I become giddy!

Please try to contain your excitement for Baby Whitfield Gender Watch 2009. I'd like for you to sleep better than I am. I'm too excited to sleep!

Love you.

E

3 comments:

the o's said...

i can't wait to find out! i love your chalkboard idea... post a pic of that on the blog! mmmm so excited for monday at 3:15 :)

Erin and Andy said...

Seeing the picture of you greeting your dad brought tears to my eyes! It looks like you held it together better than I did.

Ibe Family said...

I can't help but cry. I am so happy for you and glad your dad is back safely. Tell your dad THANK YOU!!! Shaun doesn't leave until August 1, but i'm already counting the days until he returns. BTW .. Happy Belated Birthday!