Sophie, the ruler supreme of our household, is spending this week with Grandma and Papa, so Doug and I are freeeeeee!! We are free EXCEPT for the fact that we're both still working during the day, I'm growing a massive child in my belly...
![]() |
| 31 Weeks (and the shadow on the wall doesn't help...!) |
...and our list of to-do and to-buy continues to grow...... But, we're free to go out to dinner without scheduling a babysitter or without asking for crayons with the menu. We are free to run errands on our terms. We have been looking forward to a few days of D and E time. February and March have been extremely chaotic for us with a lot of travel for D, many visitors in and out of the house, and a baby quickly making his arrival to a house in construction, so I'm appreciative of this time to be both productive and lazy and to enjoy time with my adorable husband. And, we know that Sophie is having a wonderful time with her grandparents.
BUT...
We are still counting the hours until our master, Sophie, returns to her rightful spot in this house. We spent a week away from her last March, too, but this time seems more difficult. She can actually have real phone conversations, telling me about her day and asking/answering questions. She's been so sweet on the phone that I always hang up in tears wondering why I was excited about a week without her?!!
Then I look in the mirror and realize that I need some D and E time to gear up for an even busier spring and summer!



2 comments:
so awesome you guys have a week!!! enjoy the dashing out for errands w/o a second thought about naptimes, snacks and potty breaks! can't wait to see the finished master bdrm... and really can't wait to see the finished baby!!!
elizabeth, you look so great. hope you were able to check lots of things off the to list!
Post a Comment