Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 26


Doug and I just returned home from a wonderful and relaxing 10 days away! Our trip started with a Johnson family reunion in Lincoln City, Oregon. It was special to have my grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins, and spouses converge in one place for the weekend. Then, Doug and I headed to Priest Lake. We had a couple days to relax just the two of us (plus our karate-loving daughter in my belly) before our generous and hilarious friends--the Minahans and the Heidergotts--joined us with their boys for three days of fun at the lake. Check out their blogs in the coming days for more photos. I'll spare you the photos of me in my maternity swimsuit!! I called it my "Fat Suit."

I continue to feel healthy yet big. I definitely cannot accomplish as much each day as I'm accustomed to, but I have a helpful husband who is dealing with my high-maintenance needs! We can lie in bed and watch my stomach change shape as she moves around; at about 1.5 pounds and 13-15 inches in length, she kicks me to sleep each night and kicks me awake each morning. Such a sweetheart!

D and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary this Friday, July 31st. The little girl will probably get a good meal that night :)

Love, E

No comments: