Thursday, July 30, 2009

mid-week update

In my normal life (non-pregnant state), I LOVE the sun. I bake in the sun for hours on end and am disappointed if I'm not sweating and tanning in the heat.

That was then. This is now. Mother Nature has decided to teach me a lesson and beat all previous records with this heat! Yesterday, it was 105 degrees in Bellevue. Our house is roasting. I am miserable. This isn't fun as a preggers woman! I am overheating.

So, I decided to head to the mall to enjoy the air conditioning and break up my "woe-is-me" day. Here is a conversation that occurred:

Trendy, non-pregnant, Nordstrom sales lady: Oh, my, you must be hot in this heat.

Me: Yes, I'm slowly dying!

Trendy, non-pregnant, Nordstrom sales lady: Well, you look like you're due any day now, so I guess that's good news.

...I have three more months...please pray for some rain.

2 comments:

the o's said...

ha ha ha! this made me laugh :) and ps- you do NOT look like you are due any day now. you are looking cute and tiny even though i know you don't feel like it!

Erin and Andy said...

You crack me up!!! I have been thinking about you with the heat wave. I will start praying for rain.