Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 24


This has been a productive week for the Whitfields, baby girl included. Here are the updates:

Baby Girl Whitfield: Now that she is approximately 15 inches long and 1 1/2 pounds, she has decided to show us what she is made of: strength. She has been kicking the hell out of me!! (Excuse my language...). Doug finally felt the kicks this week and continues to say, "I cannot believe that you have another living being growing inside you...that's so weird." It is such an awe-inspiring experience.

Elizabeth: In addition to some home projects (repainting the master bedroom, gardening, and preparing the nursery), I've been extremely busy....thanks to my bladder. Last night was an all time record: 7 times. Just when I have finally fallen asleep and found a comfortable position that doesn't hurt my back or cause her to kick me, I realize that once again my bladder is full. I recognize that this is bathroom talk and probably not appropriate for the blog community, but it's getting to be ridiculous! I guess I'm becoming prepared for short bursts of sleep interrupted by a crying baby....

Doug: He has been working extremely hard at work and at home; our downstairs bathroom remodel is coming along. I'm so appreciative of Doug's energy and enthusiasm about this home improvement. He designed this room from start to finish. We are just a couple weekends away from having 2 bathrooms in this house! This weekend, we were at Home Depot for the third time in less than 24 hours, and I noticed this little girl (4-5 years old) with her dad. The dad was looking for a certain tool, and his daughter diligently tried to help him by picking up every tool in the aisle and asking, "Is this the right one? Is this the right one? Daddy, what about this one?" I nudged Doug to make sure he saw this cute father-daughter interaction. In a few short years, I can see our baby girl joining her dad on many Home Depot errands. Doug will be an amazing teacher, and I'm sure our daughter will have her own tool belt or tool box (as I did).

D and I have been really enjoying our time together with picnics, lunch dates, naps in the backyard, watching movies, and bbqs. Granted, I have to leave Doug every 30-45 minutes to relieve my bursting bladder, but this quality time has been wonderful. And just think, in several weeks, we'll have two toilets in this house so I'll actually get to decide which one to use!

Love to you all!

E

No comments: