Doug and I have the same routine on weekday mornings. Every morning as I leave for work (5:50 am), I go into the bedroom and say goodbye to Doug. For 6 years, he's always said the same 3 sentences to me: "Have a great day, sweetie. I love you. Drive safely." (On a side note: I knew I loved him when he correctly used the adverb safely even in his semi-awake state.) Another side effect of pregnancy: Doug's morning conversation has changed since Slash entered our lives. Now, Doug actually lifts his head off the pillow to inspect my new maternity outfit and my growing belly. He tells both me and Slash that he loves us and hopes we both have a great day. While he wishes us a safe drive to BHS, he rubs good morning to my belly. This is the kind of touchy-feely that I have easily and joyously adjusted to!!
This weekend in our backyard, we will lift our beer and/or water to toast those who have died serving our country. We will also toast those we've loved who have passed away and the one we love who hasn't yet been born.
Love you all.
E
1 comment:
Damn I wish I could write like you...can I hire you to post on my blog? Your family is so adorable, Slash is lucky to have you as parents.
Post a Comment