Slash update: We learned that although the baby's eyes are shut, s/he can be affected by outside light. Supposedly, if we shine a flashlight on my stomach, the bright light will cause the baby to move around. Additionally, we learned that our baby gained muscles and now possesses the ability to form a fist. I developed the following theory: could I feel my baby move for the first time if I shined a flashlight on my stomach to make him/her punch me? Doug said: "That's crazy!" My mom said: "It's fetal abuse...poor Slash." My dad responded via email: "Shine a light on this baby and he/she might just have the muscle power to give you the finger." Despite the skepticism of my loved ones, Doug and I tried it. And, it worked! With my eyes closed so that I couldn't see where Doug shined the light, I felt the fluttering! It was amazing. While we were camping, I was then able to notice this same feeling (minus the blazing light). My baby's got moves!
Love to you all!
(D) and E
2 comments:
elizabeth, i remember the first time i could feel wesley move inside of me. it still gives me chills to think about it. congrats! even better will be when doug can feel it on the outside of your tummy. sounds like an amazing weekend... you are looking HOTT! xoxo :)
What a great trip you guys had...and to feel the baby move during it...truly amazing! I remember that being the best feeling ever, a little scary at the beginning but so great!!! I agree, you do look HOT!!!
Post a Comment