Monday, August 15, 2016

Summer 2016

As the summer draws to a close, I, once again, have schizophrenic tendencies.  As Doug hugged my emotional, crying self, he said "Sorry, I don't get it.  Two hours ago, you said you couldn't wait for school routines to start."  I don't get it either, Doug.  I really don't!!




Here is the final round-up of Summer 2016!





Summer has been filled with all things Little House on the Prairie. After reading ALL of the books in the series, Sophie has fallen in love with Almanzo, dreams of living on a prairie, recalls mundane details from the descriptive books, and has convinced Cameron that they should dress up as Laura and Almanzo for Halloween.  Along those lines, I don't know many 4-year old boys who can play "Little House on the Prairie" games with as much enthusiasm as Cameron...



Gone are the days of organized, clean lego tables.  This summer has been Lego madness with the chaos of messy tables! But the kids have loved lazy mornings in their jammies building and rebuilding.

Cam's puppet of "Freckly-Daddy"
 
using old phones to call "their boss at work"

mid-morning jammie exploration while eating handi-snacks 

When MB came to visit, we checked off one item on our Summer Bucket List by taking in a Boise Hawks baseball game!







Summer has been filled with friendships and playtime!



Book Club!





The kids and I spent a week in Spokane with my parents: soaking up all the amazing Grandma and Papa time that we could.






Exhausted on the plane after such a full week!
The tooth fairy finally visited this summer!! Just in time for 1st grade....

The Before.... 
The After! 
One evening, the kids became Fairy Seekers.  Their commentary and imagination were priceless.  Cameron played along looking for speed fairies and reading his "invisible book" which provided him information that Sophie couldn't find in her legitimate Fairy resources. I could have listened to them and photographed them for hours and hours.




 






Doug and his mini-me!





These two kids play so well together.  It's going to rock little man's world when his sister is gone for full-day school.  He idolizes her, copies her, imitates her, stalks her... she has no idea how lucky she is to have such a great friend in her brother.


And that, my friends, is a pretty comprehensive list of our summer highlights!

No comments: