Wednesday, December 9, 2015

December Days

EVERYthing about this season of life seems to be speeding by...




Cameron's first official family portrait: I'm the one with the mustache. 



In computer class, the computer teacher asked the students to type "Merry Christmas Mom and Dad" and then sign it.  Sophie typed her note but changed it to "Mommy and Daddy" because that's what we use in our house.  She subsequently got teased for being a baby who still calls her parents by those "baby names."  I was so proud of Sophie for acknowledging that her feelings got hurt by the teasing, but for also not changing her mind and typing and printing out what she wanted to type.  This girl will move mountains, I tell you.  And I'm pretty sure Santa is going to spoil her rotten.


 Writing letters to Santa:








a morning date with Cameron and Wise, the owl
By far, one of my favorite Christmas memories to date... these two kids, multiple stuffed animals, and  collaborative story telling...




We have missed our captain, oh captain, while my D has been busy working on the other side of the world! But, our favorite guy returns home soon, not just to enjoy more December Days, but in time for us to celebrate him and his BIG BIRTHDAY!! 

1 comment:

Alexis Gradwohl said...

I hate that kids are mean. They are too young for teasing. H still calls me Mommy, I hope it doesn't end soon. Love the W wall.