Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sophie Marie's 5th Birthday Celebration


Sophie's entire birthday was joyful and special.  I teared up at one moment during her Tea Party birthday celebration, because her grin was huge, her laughter contagious, and her whole body resonated pure happiness.  I love celebrating her, and Doug and I are beyond thankful for this bright, sweet, thoughtful, and fun daughter who made us parents 5 years ago.  How can she already be 5??

These photos show her party with close friends (and an eager, little brother).  






Every girl brought her own doll to play in a dress-up, tea party, complete with jewels, tiaras, and lots of candy!




Sophie has wanted an "all-girls, tea party" birthday party for nearly 6 months.  She drew 4 pictures depicting all of the details.  She chose the guest list, the schedule, and the activities.  She and I make a good party-planning team, and I love how enthusiastic and sweet her 5 friends were during the party.









All of the sugar wore off after a while, so we made an impromptu decision to let the girls (and Cam) watch a 15-minute show.  Sure enough, they got their energy back and ran around screaming and shrieking!




Doug's special gift to this 5-year old Leftie 
 Happy, happy birthday to our incredible, gracious, and thoughtful Sophie who hugged and kissed us many times today saying "This is the BEST birthday ever!" and "Thank you so so so so so much for my birthday." Her excitement burst out of her smile this morning as she opened presents and waited for friends to arrive.  She ran around the house giggling because she simply could not contain her joy.  She deserves all the love and celebration in the world.  These 5 years with Sophie have been filled with awe, with pride, and with thanksgiving.  We love you, Sophie, our beautiful 5-year old.


No comments: