
When we first moved to Boise in April, I claimed that Spring was my favorite time of year here. Gone were the weeks of rainy weather and the days of gray skies. The evenings were warm with cool breezes, the trees showed off giant blossoms, and we could enjoy life outside. Then summer arrived, and I said I changed my mind. I loved the desert-like temperatures. Days were dry and hot. The sky was always bright blue with crisp white clouds. This was how summer was meant to be. But, then it became September in Boise. Ali has warned me that I would fall hard for September, and boy was she right! Temperatures have dropped 10-15 degrees (into the mid-80s), mornings are cool, a breeze always blows. The leaves have changed color and are starting to drop. Thunderstorms regularly roll across the foothills and put on light shows like I've never seen before. Rain comes in and out quickly to refresh the air. Our windows are open to welcome the fall crispness in. But, we're still outside; toys and gear spill out onto the front porch. We can continue to "hike" in the farm and by the creek behind our house (except for the past 2 days when a bear has been sighted!). It's such a beautiful time of year!


 |
| Poor Cam had high temp b/c all 4 molars and eye teeth popped the same weekend... |
We've been busy these last weeks as we have fallen into our routines of preschool, gymnastics, Friday evening soccer, music class. Surprisingly, even with two small children, our days are filled.
 |
| sneak peak to one of our new Halloween decorations |
 |
| paddleboats! |
 |
| Cam's first masterpiece |

Except for her petite frame, there is nothing small or young about Miss Sophie. The girl is all sass----batting her eyelashes, flashing a sly smile, rolling her eyes. Her intonations, expressions, and ideas are remarkably mature, surprisingly unique, and characteristically hysterical. She is working so hard at school to write her name and learn some basic sight words. She has made new friends, and shows an emerging confidence at school. She has learned how to recite the Pledge of Allegiance which proves to always be a tear-jerking performance; there is nothing sweeter than an almost 4-year old reciting the Pledge with her hand across her heart. As I've stated in the past, we have been blown away by the amazing community of friends whom we've quickly met in Boise. We attended a big end-of-the-summer party which Sophie described as, "a party where like seriously, all of my friends are at the party. Gosh, I don't even know how I'll have time to talk to all of them." And true to Sophie form, she was on fire that night---bouncing around from friend to friend. I barely saw her the entire evening. I loved watching her play. I also loved watching her protection of and her loyalty toward her baby brother. She has this sweet habit of coming up to him, putting her hand on his back and (mostly) gently pushing him forward to join in on an activity or game. When we left the party, I told Sophie that I loved watching her with all of her friends. She replied, "Well, mommy. I loved watching you with your friends. I was proud of how much dinner you ate, too."
 |
| up close and personal at Zoo Boise |
 |
| looking so grown up all of a sudden |
 |
| riding in the bike trailer in style |


Cameron has come into his own. Doug has been travelling quite a bit, so when he returned from his latest trip, we were catching up on all things kid-related. And we are so excited for who Cameron has become. He is a jokester, making his "funny face" and showing such joy and thrill when we laugh at him. He copies everything Sophie does from her style of dance, to hand gestures, to the way she will drive a toy car. He screams "YAY!!!" so loudly every morning when she wakes up and comes downstairs. And he still cries every day we drop her off and leave her at preschool. I am obsessed with my mornings with Cameron, because he likes to play dress up with hats, he loves to stand and watch trucks forever, and he still gives the best cuddles and hugs I've ever felt (sorry, Doug). He is adventurous, strong, confident, and independent. At his gym class, he seriously scaled this mini-climbing wall without my help at all. At the top, he turned himself around and slid down the other side. Then, he ran to the balance beam, climbed up, and ran across. Alone. He is freakishly coordinated, and I'm scared to death of his physical pursuits and athletic ability.
 |
| matching jammies + their puff blankets = time to watch "Doc McStuffins" |
 |
| "Cameron, show me your funny face." |
 |
| What has happened to my babies? I have a toddler who is about to catch up in size to his preschooler-sister... |
(The photos scattered throughout this blog come straight from my cell phone.)
1 comment:
Sophie's comments are hilarious! I love that she was proud of how much dinner you ate, E.
Post a Comment