Monday, April 9, 2012

Pretty Perfect


Two of this week's top quotes:

1.  "I wish I could go to that school.  It has the prettiest slide."
2.  "It fits perfectly." (accurately said many times when her stuffed animals, little figurines, clothes, etc. had a perfect fit)

Perfect and Pretty are great adjectives to transition to our GRAND REVEAL! It's DONE!

Doug's massive undertaking is complete. I know that I am so lucky to be blessed with a spouse who knows how to do just about everything. Doug transformed his unfinished shop into our master bedroom.  It was the last room in our daylight basement that he had not touched.  It looks professional, polished, and relaxing.  Doug did EVERYTHING: framing, new wiring/electrical work, installation of 3 new windows, heating/duct work, insulation, soundproofing, flooring, drywall.... and lots of other behind the scenes details that I don't know even know how to describe.

I'm afraid that I wasn't too diligent with taking photos of the entire before/after process, so you can't see the incredible transformation that this space has undergone. But here are some photos.  We are in love with our new room. Although Doug isn't a major fan of describing his construction as pretty, it is elegant, modern, crisp...and it fits our needs perfectly. 







There are still little things to be done---hanging art, constructing 2 built-in wardrobe closets, touching up the exterior siding and paint... but we are in. Thank you to my amazing husband who seriously does it all for his family.

And, you know what that means?  That means that our old bedroom became the new nursery and is finally ready for baby boy's arrival.  Real photos to come, but here is a sneak peak:


We have spent lots of time playing in the nursery already.  Sophie says all the right words ("This is baby brother's room, here are his socks, these are his books...") but I'm not quite sure she understands that eventually he will be here in the flesh.  When we picked up our double stroller this week, Doug explained to her that she will get to sit next to him.  She looked around, turning her head from side to side and asked, "Oh, is he here yet?"  When we said, "No, not yet," she was excited to use the extra space in the new stroller for her stuffed animals....


At REI to pick up the stroller, Sophie loved pretending she was asleep in all of the giant tents.
Plus, some photos of Sophie's enjoyable visit with her Gramps last week:




And finally, some photos from our gentle Easter weekend celebrations as a family of 3:

The Easter Bunny must have travelled quickly, because he left bits of his cotton tail behind...not sure if it was more fun to collect his cotton tail or the eggs!!

What kind of Easter Bunny leaves a basket of candy PLUS a new toothbrush?!!


Brunch by the lake!




Perfectly the Prettiest

(I'm sorry for the poor quality of most of these cell phone photos...I'm big enough as it is, so I haven't been lugging around our big camera lately!)

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oh my gosh, Doug has really done it! It looks so amazing! Nice works Dougie Fresh, nice work!