....or hardly working?
She then got pretty excited about the prospect of following in Mommy's and Grandma's footsteps...."L-E-T-S, LET'S GO! L-E-T-S, LET'S GO!"
All of the stars were aligned for chaos this week, so Sophie had the opportunity (?) to spend the day at "Mommy's School" with the "Big Girls" and "Big Boys". She did remarkably well. She tends to be more shy around new people, but for some reason, she felt comfortable and even proceeded to interrupt me as I gave my students instructions for their final essay. As I attempted to talk about the organization and style of the essay, she used her "big girl voice" to say "Mommy. Teacher. S (for) Sophie. Daddy working. Daddy airplane. Mommy heart (pointing to my 'S' necklace which I've told her rests on my heart). Sophie up high. Louie home. Hi big kids." It was hysterical.
By the end of 4th period, she had grabbed her babies and was standing by the door saying "Sophie home. Sophie home. Sophie home."
Needless to say, we both enjoyed a looooong afternoon nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment