Sophie has spunk. And sass. And just when D and I don't think we could love her personality any more, she does something to make us laugh until we cry. I didn't know that a 20-month old girl could have such attitude, such independence, and such individuality. It's both a blessing and a curse :)
Stink face lives on:


She even strikes a pose when practicing her golf swing:
Half girl, half demon...
CHAOS!!!

I'm amazed by Sophie's nurturing qualities. She is sweet, creative, and compassionate. This is best seen in her recent love of cheerio and juice tea parties.
She is thoughtful, serious, and intentional in all that she does, from her sense of humor to her interactive play with animals to her expressions of love.
Wearing an old sweater of MINE (complete with Kermit and Miss Piggy), Sophie looks up to God for an explanation for the crop circle behind her....
Doug and I run a tight ship around here. Now that she's officially 20 months, it's time for her to earn her keep. She isn't cheap and money doesn't grow on trees. It's about time she learned those life lessons. We gave her an ice tray and instructed her to fill it with water from across the yard. She then had to run quickly without spilling a drop to feed each flower.




Not more than one hour after my final staff meeting ended, Sophie and I were in the car, headed East to Spokane for some rest and relaxation with Grandma and Papa! Days were filled with lots of laughter and silliness. It was the absolute BEST way for me and for Sophie to kick off our summer vacation. Thank you to my parents for being the absolute best role models to me and to my little girl. Here are the highlights:
Swimming
Making homemade waffles for dinner with Papa

Loving 1:1 time with Papa
Swimming in the nude (Sophie only)
Dressing up like a stylish nerd

Thank you, Grandma and Papa, for showering Sophie and me with such love and humor. We both shed a tear or two as we backed out of the driveway! I just love these three people.....

















No comments:
Post a Comment