Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thankful


I am thankful for my wonderful mom who modeled the characteristics of grace, love, and selflessness that I try to emulate with my own daughter.



I am thankful for my mother-in-law whose wisdom and strength helped to create the generous, patient, and compassionate father of my daughter.


I am thankful for my two grandmothers who continue to nurture their families with love, with perspective, and with joy.

I am thankful for Sophie who blessed me with the role of mom. It is the greatest gift I've received in my life. Her toothy smile, her soft, little hands, and her cuddling hugs and kisses seemed extra special today. Today was a fabulous Mother's Day that included fresh flowers from the market (a Mother's Day tradition--see May 2009 and May 2010), yummy meals and treats all day long, a nap, and a professional clean of my car and the stroller, courtesy of Doug.

I feel loved.

No comments: