Thursday, February 3, 2011

Go! Go! Go!


Life has been busy in the Whitfield household, and I've got the photos to prove it!


Sophie's vocabulary grows daily. I didn't know that she understood the concept of "go" until we were at the pediatrician's office this week for her 15-month appointment and vaccines. Sophie knows the routine: the nurse takes the initial measurements, our doctor pokes and prodes, and then the nurse returns for those dreaded shots. This time, after the doctor left the exam room, Sophie gathered her clothes and shoes, clutched them to her chest and literally ran to the closed door. Dressed only in a diaper and holding on to her clothes with a death grip, she knocked on the door and said "O-pee, O-pee" (open). When that didn't work, she turned to look at me and with a total sense of urgency said "Go! Go! Go!" Sophie wanted to escape without the vaccines. It was hysterical!





We took Sophie for a little art project. Imagine that Doug's eyes were open in this next photo...

Our final product:


Erica, (my amazing friend who nannies for us while I'm at work), texted me this photo of Sophie and Connor, her son, holding hands. Apparently, love can happen at any age...


We had a wonderful visit with D's mum. Sophie loved her time with her MB and showed it by showering MB with kisses all week; they read lots of books, made every animal sounds you could think of, watched airplanes and helicopters outside, and laughed a lot! Cathy was a huge help to me, too, by taking care of odds and ends around the house and enabling Doug and me to sneak out a couple nights for some dates with friends!



In a post entitled "Go, Go, Go", I'd be remiss if I didn't document Doug's adventures in skiing. After a successful trip to Mt. Hood two weeks ago, Doug headed to Utah this week for the World Championships. Although I stayed home with Sophie, Doug's mum joined him and sent me some of these photos. Sophie and I are so proud of this handsome and talented man in our lives!




This last photo is awesome. It documents Doug's phone call home to reassure me that he was in one piece. I had watched his run LIVE online, so I saw his massive crash at the end of the run. The broadcast commentators kept replaying the crash and repeating their concern about its intensity. Needless to say, I loved to hear his voice moments later. He is laughing in this photo, because I was relaying to him what the commentators had to say about his crash...

(isn't he cute?!!)

More "Go! Go! Go!" in the coming weeks...but we are enjoying the reprieve from rain which has allowed us to make trips to the playground! Happy February!



No comments: