This past week has been filled with fun!
The best part about this week was Doug's birthday. I have always told Doug that I dream of opening up a Bed and Breakfast in Cape Cod; I'll make warm scones in the morning, tend to my garden, sit in my library, ride my bike to the market for fresh cheese....Doug always teases me because I hate small talk, I'm shy with strangers, I'm terrible at making beds, and I avoid cleaning bathrooms. So, he thinks this may not be my dream job...to prove him wrong, Sophie and I opened our own B & B as his first birthday present. He received a gift certificate inviting him to stay in his own private quarters (our downstairs guest room). He got uninterrupted sleep for one whole night! (Neither of us has been able to sleep in chunks longer than 4 hours since Sophie's birth.) He slept in, and then Sophie and I served him breakfast in bed while he opened up other presents. Without embarasssing him too much on this public blog, I'll just say that he was VERY emotional and thankful for such a thoughtful gift. The gift certificate was only good for one night and could not be duplicated or extended. He was back on Sophie duty with me the next night! haha....
Here is Sophie all dressed in her birthday cupcake onesie as we (im)patiently wait for Doug to wake up on his birthday morning.
Sophie is so lucky to have such an amazing father and she and I are both thankful for his birth! Sophie loved playing with her dad in his private guest quarters as the birthday celebrations began!
After delighting in my homemade breakfast, we enjoyed a family lunch at Ray's boathouse later in the day.



On Friday night, the Heidergotts and Minahans came over to our house for some mulled wine and cake. We then bundled up all three kids and six adults, packed some mulled wine in to-go cups, and headed to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens to see the beautiful Christmas lights. Sophie was tucked away in the Baby Bjorn and missed the whole show! It was freezing but festive!
I just had to post another photo of our smiling and happy baby girl!
She's soooo adorable. Sophie and I have had many play dates and look forward to several holiday parties and coffee breaks this week, too. I've also been dragging Sophie to Stroller Strides where other moms and I get our butts kicked by a trainer while we sing lullabies and entertain our babies in the stroller. (In my pre-mum life, I would have laughed at this concept....but now, as I sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and do lunges, I'm very happy.)
Merry (almost) Christmas!
E
1 comment:
i totally guessed what you were getting doug, based on the "what i wish he could give me!" comment in the previous post... a night of sleep is the BEST gift ever! love the sophie smiles... hope to see you both over christmas!
Post a Comment