There are a lot of sweet and hysterical {and incorrect} words that Cameron continues to use. (Bu-struction (construction) and Bi-structions (instructions) have stood out as our favorites this past year. But another one must be documented: Mote and Control (as in, let's drive our mote and control car.) Both kids are self-titled "MASTER BUILDERS" with Legos and Cameron loves to build these amazing, complex, and imaginative planes with monster truck wheels that are "mote and control powered."
The past few weeks have felt like we are all mote and control cars: we are fully launched into summer vacation, driving a mile a minute! The weeks have been full of huge milestones, special ceremonies, and fun adventures. Doug has been traveling a lot again, and we eagerly await his return tomorrow night after nearly 2 solid weeks of work travel. I started a part-time job last month which allows me to work flexibly from home. And I now have an incoming 1st grader and second year preschool student!
Photos to show the joy from the end of the school year and the beginning of summer!
The dance recital did not disappoint this year! My ballet and tap beauty and my hip-hop star... we were beaming and laughing and crying during the entire performances. So proud of them!
Celebration to recognize the end of his first year of preschool!
Tradition of ice cream at the end of preschool...
I chaperoned Sophie's end of the year field trip to the nearby farm.
SUMMER IS HERE antics began!
I turned a year older.... we missed Doug, but he made sure to make me feel special from afar, and the kids and my amazing sister in law and friends also celebrated me all day long!
Sophie completed Kindergarten! Her teacher recognized her with the "Aspiring Author" award.
| During the graduation ceremony and concert, Sophie had a special part as the letter "P" during the Hippo song! |
We kicked off summer with a little front yard camping chair, workbook, and smoothie fun.
We drove real mote and control cars at the tennis courts!
The kids and I took a 24-hour road trip to Walla Walla to visit Great Grandma! We had so much fun loving on her and hitting all our favorite places in that wonderful town. My travel buddies are the best!
The kids love their Great Grandma, and we will always cherish our visit with her! Cameron still wants a rematch of Connect 4 since she beat him!
We woke up early in Walla Walla and after our Starbucks pit-stop, we headed to Whitman to explore. Years and years ago when I walked through this campus as an undergrad, I had no idea how lucky I would be to someday return with my buddies.
And then we drove home....
... and we eagerly await our missing link to return home!





No comments:
Post a Comment