Thursday, August 7, 2014

D, E, S, C: Summer Memories







As our summer days near their end, here are some leftover photos from our busy and blissful summer.

Doug:

Boys mountain bike trip to Sun Valley








dirt, bikes, mountains, beer, meat, and cards, REPEAT= Doug's dream vacation

 




Elizabeth:

Dirty Dash 2014: The Real Housewives of Hidden Springs





enjoying time with my favorites


Sophie and Cameron:







digging for gravity...



Swimming at the Johnson's

hiking with MB


getting warm hugs from MB after playtime with the sprinkler
I cannot take enough photos of this boy hiking... absolutely adorable!




We have one final "hoorah!" planned before Sophie returns to her third and final year of preschool and other weekly activities, before Cam rejoins gym and soccer class, before we can finally turn off the A/C, before Doug and I fall into more consistent routines.

We fell in love with our new neighbors: baby hummingbirds.
Summer has been good to us, and I chronically struggle with transitions.  Why is time moving so quickly? Why did this season fly by, and why are my kids growing up so fast?! Having this blog is so beneficial, because I can always look back and reflect on some of my favorite memories and adventures to reassure myself that we have made the most of this time.  Doug and I have been to several concerts this summer, the kids have hiked, we've been on bikes every day, and we've appreciated this beautiful and bountiful season!

(my new favorite photo ever)

2 comments:

Christy Lukes said...

Such great pics! Love Doug's dirt unit-brow (gross) and those adorable kid size chaises at the pool! Looks like the Dirty Dash was a blast and of course your kiddos are as cute as can be. Can't wait to catch up in September!

Christy Lukes said...

*uni-brow. Why would auto correct make that unit-brow?!? (: