Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summer is....

This...





And this...




(please note: my third child is always a toy car)


And of course, this...






Summer is this, too...





(Doing a science experiment)
All of these summer memories are what being a kid (and a parent) is all about.  Trust me, we have tantrums and time outs and whining and crying... we have moments when I text Doug and say "today sucks" and moments when Doug asks "is it their bedtime yet?"  Some days, I feel like I've worked so hard and still have a daughter who is stomping her foot and screaming "no" and a son who still pulls off his pajamas and diaper and keeps peeing on his lovies.  But the sweet moments far outweigh their little-kid drama. And I go to bed and wake up with a smile on my face thinking about this...








Find Sophie in this shot...she had THE greatest strategies for the full-on water fight! 
Sneak attack as she comes running from the back






This is Summer.  

1 comment:

Christy Lukes said...

Summer makes me so nostalgic! Everything about it. Adorable pics as always!!!