I spent three nights in Chicago this past week with one of my dearest friends, Karen. Karen and I met when we were both studying abroad in York, England. We were two homesick American girls destined for friendship. We both became high school English teachers, were both in eachother's weddings, and both made the decision to leave our amazing careers to stay home with our children. Our lives have contained so many parallel storylines, and I'm blessed to have been able to explore Chicago with her and recharge my batteries. She returned to Kansas City and I returned to Boise with full bellies, newly painted toenails, a few new clothing items, gratitude for our husbands who lovingly spoiled our kiddos, and a renewed appreciation for this stage in our lives.
It was the perfect kickoff to summer. Now the kids and I have serious business to complete: checking off items on our Summer List.
| stuffed animal tea party |
| outdoor drawing time |
writing stories
|
| Hydrating is serious business. |
Our hike had everything a good hike with a 2- and 4-year old should have: fruit snacks, water bottles, laughter, sweat, tears, blood, dirt and dust in every crevice, sharing and taking turns, not sharing and not taking turns, pushing and shoving, running and skipping and singing, walking independently, being carried by mommy, amazing and beautiful views, appreciation for "fun mommy" being home from Chicago, whining and complaining and wishing for "fun daddy" to be with us... but in the end, we added another sticker on our summer list to signal completion of one of our bucket list items.
E Time is amazingly important, but nothing beats Mommy Time.
(Even when I have to clean this rascal...):
No comments:
Post a Comment