This is what Thanksgiving is all about:
Family. Joy. Laughter. Friendship. Plenty. Rest. Gratitude. Reflection.
We hosted Thanksgiving at our home, and the significance of our first Thanksgiving in Boise did not go unnoticed by me. I looked around the table at my 4-year old who can recite (with much detail) the story of the Pilgrims and the Indians and the first Thanksgiving. I looked at my husband who was overjoyed to be spending time with his mom, his sister, and his brother in law. I saw my 18-month old son throwing food, slamming cups on the table, making funny faces, and contributing so much to the chaos! I loved watching my sister-in-law and brother-in-law effortlessly juggle the roles as playful aunt and uncle, generous chefs and bartenders, entertaining storytellers, and gracious guests. And as usual, it was special to see my children love every minute with their grandmother; her wisdom, patience, and grace tied our entire Thanksgiving week together.



We are so fortunate for the full and blessed life that we have. Moving to Boise and creating this new chapter for ourselves has been one of the best decisions Doug and I have made. I am thankful for all of the choices, the people, and the details that coordinated together to enable us to be here, sitting around our kitchen table, sharing laughs, food, and drink as a whole family.
 |
| Look for the photo bomb... |
 |
| Whitfield love |
 |
| Brothers from another mother :) |
 |
| Pre-Thanksgiving feast flag football with friends/family: Doug and Josh facing off |
Thank you to our wonderful family for celebrating all week with us here in Idaho. It was a fabulous and complete holiday. The 7 of us have much to be thankful for. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment