![]() |
| She built that Lincoln Log house all by herself! |
![]() |
| Look at that hair! |
![]() |
| Please note that he had started pulling out wine bottles....in 3 years, Sophie hasn't tried that even one time... |
![]() |
| Causing trouble by "eating" Sophie's felt lamb for her felt board |
![]() |
| He is so proud of himself every time he pulls himself up to stand! |
![]() |
| They're taking over every room of our home. |
"I didn't want to ride the bikes at school today because I didn't want to wear a helmet. Helmets don't make me feel free."
"Mommy! You bought tulips! Thank you for buying tulips. I have been wondering for so long when they would show up again."
"I can't stop screaming cuz I'm practicing for my screaming career."
(when asked nicely to stop playing the piano because Cam was trying to nap) "No, I have to play the piano right now cuz it's soothing my brain."
"No, I didn't hit Louie (the cat). I wasn't hitting. I was just bouncing my hand on him."
"Do you want to know a funny phrase? 'It's a sunny day in Paris.' That's a funny phrase" (obviously, she meant "it's a sunny day in paradise"....)
![]() |
| Again, he caused trouble because those books were in a pile and he knocked them over. |
![]() |
| Love these two! |
![]() |
| 1. After this photo, Cam stood up and with two swoops of the hand, he terrorized the dollhouse. 2. That is chocolate above Sophie's lips, not a beauty mark. |
Sophie doesn't need any toys. All she needs is a scenario and a willing participant to pretend with her. Hours and hours are spent as she tells detailed and complex stories. And they all start the same way..."Let's pretend...."
"Let's pretend Frosty is in my heart and you're Frosty and it's cold inside my heart so you hear my teeth chattering."
"Let's pretend that Pegasus got old wings from a pterodactyl that is sharing. The wings got sucked into his bones. And I'm Pegasus and I got born at the North Pole in snow so now I'm magic. And I eat glitter to make me fly."
"Let's pretend that I'm the chef and you're at my restaurant and it's called 'Fork' cuz there's lots of forks in here. Haha, that's funny. And let's pretend that next door is my other restaurant called spoons. Do you need me to tell you why it's called spoons, mommy?"
![]() |
| He couldn't understand why sister needed privacy in there. |
![]() |
| "Get me away from this crazy girl! She isn't as sweet as you think!!" |
Other items of note this week: Doug was in Atlanta for work and he was able to attend the Seahawks-Ravens game. Sophie and I watched the game from our house, and obviously saw the Seahawks lose. Afterward, Sophie told Doug on the phone, "Our Seahawks lost daddy. Did they win where you were?"
Sophie visited the dentist this week. To bribe her, I told her that we could get a chocolate cupcake afterward. She was overjoyed. But then, I added that we could only get the sugary cupcake if she didn't tell her dentist that I was taking her there. Mother of the Year.














No comments:
Post a Comment