A belated Merry Christmas from the Whitfields!
The final week before Christmas came upon us quickly; we were busy celebrating the most wonderful time of the year! The kids and I spent a few days in Spokane kicking off the holiday early with Grandma and Papa. Highlights included: popcorn and pajama reading of the Polar Express, sledding and snowball fight with Papa, cookie making with Grandma, lots of playing, and lots of presents! My parent's house is a Christmas wonderland filled with the most spectacular decorations. Sophie was in awe.
Our plan was to spend Christmas abroad with Doug's mom, sister, and brother-in-law. Unfortunately, those plans did not work out, so it was just the 4 Whitfields for Christmas. We decided to head to snowy Suncadia resort for the holiday. It was the most incredible WHITE CHRISTMAS and Santa and his reindeer found us! (I am on day 3 of a terrible flu, so please understand my inability to chronologically arrange these photos.)
 |
| Cam's Christmas presents were apparently the hot ticket items...very popular with the 3-year old... |
 |
| Sophie lined up all of the presents (Cam's included) and read to them. |
 |
| S watching "Frosty the Snoman" while cuddling her stuffed Rudolph |
 |
| haha |
 |
| Sophie squealed and giggled when she read Santa's note and exclaimed, "I wanted this gift so hard!!" |
 |
| Christmas Eve: family tradition of new jammies and Doug's homemade traditional AU meat pies |
 |
| Most adorable no-nap-on-Christmas baby ever. |
Other non-snow, non-Christmas updates: Cam crawls, he claps, and he climbs up onto his knees. Sophie intentionally nailed Cameron in the head with a bouncy ball, threw her hands up in the hair, and yelled with joy "GOOOAALLL!" Doug explained to Sophie that he was a little preoccupied with some items. She reported this back to me, saying "Daddy is a little, pretty porcupine right now." She also loved to sing the classic Christmas carol "Police Mommy-God" (Feliz Navidad). I am a mommy-god, so I did appreciate this song the most.
2 comments:
That last paragraph might just be the most hilarious thing I have read. It looks like you guys had a wonderful white Christmas - the best kind!
I second Ali's comment ;) Bob and I are laughing out loud and he is now singing the classic "police mommy god."
Post a Comment