Cameron is a rolling machine. The kid will not stay on his back anymore; he just rolls over. Just to compare my children, I'll note that Sophie rarely rolled over. She reached the milestone--rolling from tummy to back and then rolling back to tummy--but then she only rolled a handful of times again in her whole life. Cameron no longer sees the point of staying put. He is a roller (even though all of these photos show him as a stationary sitter).
![]() |
| I tell him on a daily basis: "I want to eat your cheeks for lunch." He is seriously edible. |
2. FISHING
At the end of a work conference in Alaska last week, Doug united with a group of wounded vets associated with Camp Hope for a fishing trip. While I should let Doug write about his own experience, he is far too busy, and I'm overdue for a blog post, so I'll attempt to do this experience justice. Doug has been leading the organizing, fundraising, and planning of this trip for over 6 months. This was a life-changing event for Doug...one of those special, amazing memories that he will remember for the rest of his life. Doug and some colleagues collaborated to provide this halibut fishing trip for a group of heroes who have been severely wounded in war. Doug said that these are men whom he will remain friends with for life. They are the best of the best who sacrificed everything for our country. Doug believes that he benefitted much more from this fishing trip than those men, and he was profoundly affected by this experience. Doug did a truly amazing thing by leading this, and we are all very proud of him.
3. REUNITING
This past weekend was my Whitman College 10-year reunion! After ditching my two children in Spokane, I was a free woman for the weekend! Doug flew down from Alaska and met me in Walla Walla. We had two full days of fun with old friends in our favorite little town. It felt like the greatest vacation to stay in a hotel, sleep through the night, laugh and laugh with friends, and center our days around food and drink. By Sunday morning, we were ready and excited to be reunited with the kiddos. Thanks to my parents and to great-Grandma Jean for showering my babies with love while we were reliving our glory days :)
This is our busiest fall to date. Days are full. But, the month of October is one of our favorites. Sophie was so excited to change the calendar yesterday, because it's now her birthday month!!









1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Cameron is the cutest little dude ever. He is looking oh-so grown up. Love him.
Post a Comment