Monday, August 13, 2012

Busy Times

D, E, S, and R have been busy this week!  Here is a small glimpse into a couple highlights of the week:

Family picnic dinner along the water


Sibling bonding




Raising the cuteness factor





Two nights of hosting BBQs/Parties at our house with fabulous friends

Night 1 was our Dining Club group, and we borrowed that bouncy house for the kiddos!


Night 1 was Sophie with the boys
Night 2 (bbq with friends and neighbors) was Sophie with some girls! 
Quotes of the week

Sophie: "It's just not fair, mommy.  You need to recognize who I am mommy." (said in response to me repeating that she was not allowed to go wake Ries up from his nap)

Sophie: "Why did God make rabbits? Why did God make awful people?" (I responded in what I thought was a pivotal parenting moment explaining God's love, God's forgiveness, and our choices...when I finished, I asked Sophie if she understood what I was describing.  She responded, "I don't like triangles, mommy."  Insightful questions but toddler attention span!)

Here's to another week of eating summer desserts, playing in water, celebrating great friends, feeling the HEAT, and taking some photos that actually include Doug in them!!


1 comment:

Trina said...

Does she equate rabbits with awful people?