Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In her own words...


I can't help it. I must post more cute Sophie-isms.




"That's Australia. Daddy grew up here. Daddy little boy here."

"That's a broken egg? Daddy fix that now." If anything is broken, she believes that her Daddy can fix it.

"No like this."

"LOOK MOMMY! Sophie have cute shirt."

"What's A starting? What's B starting?" She is so curious about which words start with all the letters. When I told her that Monkey started with the letter M, she said "No! Mommy start M." Also, when I told her that Lambie started with the letter L, she again said "No, Mommy. L for Louie."



Sophie loves "squirrel nutkins" because of how they eat nuts, cheerios, and goldfish crackers that she throws at them...but she really thinks that "chip-monkeys" are cute too!

A few nights ago, Sophie was mad at Mommy because I said "no" to something....she looked like she was going to cry/scream/throw a massive tantrum. But, abruptly she stopped and said, "Mommy go work now? Whitney come back now. Whitney so nice." Whitney is her nanny...I could have cried, but I laughed out loud. My laughing caught Sophie off guard and pretty soon, she, too, was giggling, at her ridiculous solution to the problem!



Sophie enjoys to play with my long hair. She asked "Sophie hair grow right now, too?" I wish I knew, Sophie, I wish I knew! After she had messed up my hair and covered my face with it, she told me "Mommy take bath right now. Mommy hair dirty, so dirty."

Sophie isn't showing signs that she's ready to get potty trained, but she really dislikes getting her diaper changed now. She says "Diaper uncomfortable now" or "Diaper too full right now" and then later, she'll reassure me "Diaper all better now."

Doug had been out of town for work. During dinner, one night while he was gone, Sophie and I were talking about cities (We live in Bellevue, we drive over the bridge to Seattle, Papa lives in Spokane, Dylan and baby Grace live in Kansas City, etc.). Then, she asked me, "Where Daddy live?" So sad! Later in the evening, she put her stuffed wombat in time out. I asked her why he had to sit there. She replied, "Wombat cried." When I asked why wombat cried, she said "Wombat needs his daddy." It nearly broke my heart!




This summer, when we were in Walla Walla, my grandma, Sophie's "Great Grandma" let her pick tomatoes in her garden. Since then, Sophie believes that every tomato comes from Great Grandma's garden: "Tomato from Great Grandma's garden? Sophie pick this one, too?"

Also, Great Grandma had a collection of Beanie Babies; she let Sophie play with them and then allowed her to pick one to take home. Sophie struggled to choose between two white bears--one was a 2004 Bush/Cheney bear (with their photos on it!) and the other was a Kentucky state bear. Sophie chose "Ku-tucky bear." During this trip, we misplaced Sophie's favorite dinosaur. When she was upset about losing him, I convinced Sophie that we traded the dinosaur with Great Grandma to get Ku-tucky. This has provided much conversation over the past 6 weeks: "What Great Grandma doing? Great Grandma play with dinosaur? Sophie get Ku-tucky. Great Grandma trade dinosaur." Last night, she was whispering into Ku-tucky's ears. I listened as best as I could, but she was telling him about the trade and how dinosaur plays with Great Grandma and "Ku-tucky live Bellevue now." Because Ku-tucky was a part of a Beanie Baby collection, Great Grandma had left the tags on his head. When Ku-tucky joined our family, I removed the tags. There isn't a playtime that goes by when Sophie doesn't remind Ku-tucky of "tag on head. Tag gone now."

Finally, the best talking of all: "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY! I LOVE YOU, DADDY!" She screams it.



1 comment:

Erin and Andy said...

Elizabeth, Sophie is so cute. As they say in the south, she is a "doll baby." Weird I know, but it seems to fit. You will be so glad that you have taken the time to write all of this down. I wish I could remember all of the cute "Tylerisms!"