Soph's newest trick is rubbing her eyes when she gets tired. It's really cute and so helpful to have another sleep cue. This week, her hands have become a more important part of her life. She grabs at toys, hangs on to them, and pulls them to her mouth. She doesn't yet realize that she controls that movement.
Sophie and I hosted our mommy-baby PEPS group at the house this past week. Although she continues to exhibit an amazing, yet slightly disturbing, obsession with the toy Octopus, we've discovered that she's truly drawn to eyes. During our PEPS meeting, she thoughtfully and deeply stared into the eyes of all the babies. Some of the girls seemed a bit creeped out, but the boys seemed to like the way my chubby, bald daughter watched them....
Sophie (and Louie) were serenaded by Bono...I mean, Dad. Sophie and I started our first music class this week. It's an hour of babies, songs, dance, and "instruments". She was the youngest in the class and seemed more concerned with staring at the other children's eyes than pounding on her drum. That's the update from the Whitfield household!
No comments:
Post a Comment