Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Due Date vs. Birth Date

So, we've started a friendly contest in our family. Each family member has predicted our baby girl's day of birth. The winner will receive some prize, yet to be determined.

Remembering that the due date is Nov. 1st and that I'm scheduled to teach until Oct. 29th... here are the results:

Oct. 15 (Pete, D's dad)
Oct. 19-21 (my baby's daddy who either thinks labor will last 3 days or he can't commit...)
Oct. 25 (Christopher, my bro)
Oct. 25 (Cathy, D's mum)
Oct. 27 (Ali, sis-in-law, who specified birth at 11:30 pm)
Oct. 28 (Eric, my dad)
Oct. 31 (Pip, D's sis)
Nov. 2 (Kim, my mom)
Nov. 2 (Josh, bro-in-law)

(My mom said she picked a later date because she knows that I'll stress out unnecessarily if this baby comes early. I'm way too organized and controlling, so I'm sure the birth of this baby will happen early to teach me a lesson...)

As the mum-to-be and organizer of this contest, I've respectfully declined to enter. I think I'm in denial that this is all happening so quickly!!! I'm also scared beyond belief that I'll go into labor while in front of high school students. I might regret saying this later, but as of right now, I'd rather have a long labor than a short labor that started at BHS. Please keep your non-swollen fingers crossed for me since mine are retaining too much water to wish myself luck.

1 comment:

the o's said...

hee hee thanks for making me laugh today. i am crossing my unswollen fingers for you. and my guess is nov 1 b/c it would be very like elizabeth whitfields daughter to arrive RIGHT ON TIME. :)